Study: B2B marketing analytics budgets on the rise

Computer showing analytics

Marketing analytics solutions are rising in popularity among B2B marketers and are having a positive impact on the bottom line, according to new data.

The "State of B2B Marketing Metrics & Analytics 2016" report from Regalix found that 84 percent of respondents rated marketing analytics as very important, while the remaining 16 percent rated it as somewhat important. A total of 82 percent of respondents said their organization already invests in marketing analytics – a number that could be rising.

"Fifty-nine percent of respondents said they expect their analytics budget for the next 12 months to increase, with another 38 percent maintaining it would remain the same," the report reads. "Only 3 percent of respondents, as compared to 11 percent last year, felt their analytics budget would decrease."

Respondents also indicated that they are able to leverage marketing analytics data to gauge marketing performance, adding more value to the investment.

"Twenty-eight percent of respondents who had invested in analytics said they were able to leverage their analytics data to measure their organization's marketing performance very effectively, while another 55 percent said they could do so (at least) somewhat effectively," according to the report.

A total of 29 percent of respondents said marketing analytics has helped increase their organization's sales revenue by over 26 percent, compared to the 17 percent who said so last year. When it comes to ROI, respondents said their investments in analytics are paying off.

"Eighty-six percent of marketers who had invested in analytics this year said they were either very successful or somewhat successful in tracking the ROI of their investment in analytics, and only 14 percent of respondents said they failed in tracking ROI in comparison to 25 percent last year," according to the report.

For more:
- check out the complete report from Regalix